Tomato basil soup is a very healthy soup and one of the most favourites of kids. Normally heavy cream is used to make soups. That is what gives all the taste as it is believed. But here I am posting a recipe in which we do not use cream and so all the more healthy and can be made at any time. Forgive me as I do not have the step by step procedure for this soup.
Tomatoes – 4 big ones
Onions – 2
Chopped garlic – 1 tsp
Milk – 1 cup
Veg stock or chicken stock – 3 cups. If not available you can use water also.
Salt to taste
Carrot – 1 small
Oil – 1 tsp
1. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and saute till transparent.
2. Add garlic, tomatoes and carrot. Cook for a minute. Add the stock or water. Add salt and mix well.
3. Add basil leaves and sugar. Allow this to boil. Then on slow flame allow this to cook for 30 mins.
4. Allow this to cool down so that you can blend.
5. Once its cool, blend it and strain it.
6. Transfer the soup back to the pan and keep it on low flame. Add the milk and keep stirring it continuously. Do not leave intervals here as the milk will spoil and surely spoil the look and taste of your soup.
7. Once the soup starts steaming switch off the stove. Do not allow this to boil.
8. Add pepper and salt to taste.
Tasty tomato basil soup is ready. Serve it hot and garnish with basil leaves.
Enjoy this healthy soup. Have a nice day.